Beyoncé - Best Thing I Never Had

    Damn, Bey. You've done it again! The official second single from "4" hit the internet this afternoon and it's a triumphant return to form. I love "Run The World (Girls)" - for so many different reasons - but it's kind of hard to identify with. Unless you're a pantsula practising glamazon from the hood with a fetish for Major Lazer beats. "Best Thing I Never Had", on the other hand, strikes an immediate chord with anyone who has ever been fucked over by someone they love. It's a bitter Dear John letter set to music. Beyoncé lets her man know exactly how bad he screwed up before declaring that he was just a loser and she's better off without him. Preach!

    I love the lyrics ("thank god you blew it, thank god I dodged a bullet") and her vocal oozes raw emotion. I wonder if Bey wrote it - after all she was recently named one of the 20 most successful songwriters of the new millennium! It will be interesting to see how "Best Thing I Never Had" is received. I think it's her most commercial single since "Sweet Dreams" but she has a hit-and-miss track record with ballads. Hopefully radio play it after completely ignoring the genre-defining flawlessness of "Run The World (Girls)". If all else fails she can get Miss Kelly on the remix to add a bit of star power. Listen to Bey's new single below. I can't wait for the song to hit iTunes so I can play it on repeat and feel completely miserable!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/06/beyonce-best-thing-i-never-had.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive