The return of Gina G

    Over the past few weeks I've been inundated with requests to review the new Gina G single. I would have whipped up something earlier but I was waiting on the video clip. Which is every bit as... stunning as I had imagined. Basically, the glamorous pop icon wanders around a dubious nightclub flirting with gay "boys". I think poor Gina accidentally wandered into a MAG convention because these homosexuals look like they've been on the grind since 1987. My favourite part of the clip is when the former redhead performs on stage and you can see my friend Natty trying to duck for cover in the front row (1:35 mins)! OK, so it's not "Telephone" but the Eurovision legend looks fabulous and the song is really cool. The only difference between this and Havana Brown's current top 10 hit is major label support. "Next 2 U" is the kind of cute and fluffy pop anthem that Gina perfected in the late 90s - with a modern twist. Fingers crossed she finds an audience this time around because I want an album. Her last opus "Get Up & Dance" was sorely underrated and Australia needs another dance diva of a certain vintage now that Dannii has retired to host a rubbish TV show. Check out the video and download this smash from iTunes now!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/06/return-of-gina-g.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive