Robyn - Dancing On My Own

    Damn Robyn. Just when I was about to write that bitch off, she goes and does this. And by 'this' I mean make a typically demented video for what is undeniably one of 2010's best tunes. In my last post I mentioned "Better Than Her" (stop laughing, haters!) and "All The Lovers" as early frontrunners for pop song of the year but I forgot about Sweden's favourite troll. As disappointed as I am by "Body Talk", I can't fault a single second of "Dancing On My Own". It's the bitter twin sister of "Be Mine". A sad, pathetic and all too human snapshot of a broken heart complete with a ball-tearing chorus and driving dance beats. The track cuts through me like a rusty chainsaw. I can identify with each and every line. So kudos to her for owning up to the level of crazy that we're all occasionally capable of. This is the Robyn that I know and love. The girl who isn't afraid to explore feelings and emotions within the context of an extremely catchy four minute pop song - not the pretentious artiste with a robot fetish. To celebrate the return to form of Sweden's third best singer, here are ten things to note about her latest video (below).

    1. Cosmetic dentistry hasn't caught on in Sweden.
    2. For once Robyn doesn't look like an extra from Lord of the Rings.
    3. The styling is hot and she looks fucking sexy.
    4. In fact, I think I'm going to try out that haircut. Only with a little less volume because I don't want to be hit on by lesbians. Any more than usual.
    5. Kylie is no longer the worst dancer in pop.
    6. For proof check out the hilarious dance routine at 1:30 mins. LOL.
    7. Robyn is amazing in close-up. Her eyes and attitude scream superstar.
    8. The scene where she's working across the dancefloor, stalking her ex-boyfriend is as beautiful as it is heartbreaking.
    9. Fist pumps are the new jazz hands. Work it, Robyn!
    10. Someone has clearly been watching "Papa Don't Preach".


    "Dancing On My Own" has smash hit written all over it. The song is released on the 14th of June with remixes by Fred Falke and Michael Woods. As far as I'm concerned, it's worth buying for the cover (above) alone.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/05/robyn-dancing-on-my-own.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive