10 Questions With Casey Donovan

    A couple of months ago I wrote a post about Casey Donovan's amazing comeback anthem "Big, Beautiful & Sexy". Since then the indigenous icon has embarked on a national tour and released the song on iTunes. I really hope it takes off for her because the local music scene could do with more characters like Casey. She's so frank about her battle to lose weight and even revealed her insatiable hunger for cock (ok, I might be exaggerating - slightly) to Sydney's leading gay newspaper! Pop music's most unlikely sex symbol kindly took the time to answer some questions about Australian Idol, her raunchy new image and the best way for plus sized gays and girls to flaunt their ample assets. Start taking notes...

    Casey, it's good to have you back. Where have you been hiding since 2008's "Eye 2 Eye" EP?
    I have been working with Vibe Alive travelling around Australia and I also just finished a 7 month tour with The Sapphires, which was a stage show.

    Your comeback track “Big, Beautiful & Sexy” is great. Who wrote and produced it?
    I co-wrote this song with a good friend of mine Beau Golden, and it was produced by Lindsay Rimes.

    The song is also something of a statement. Is it a response to the criticism you have received about your weight?
    I think a whole bunch of things make this song [special]. I wrote it based on personal experiences and how I felt after all these years. The message in the song is to learn to love yourself and be confident and stand up and be proud of who you are.

    You have a raunchy new image - I even saw you performing in a corset and tutu! How does it feel to be a sex symbol?
    Hahaha sex symbol… it feels great! I love it! I step out on stage and feel big, beautiful & sexy!

    Do you have any advice for plus sized boys and girls on how to best flaunt their ample assets?
    Girls - boobs and legs haha. You will know what is too much! Boys - smile, smell nice and wear nice jeans and shirts… with buttons.


    It’s been 6 years since you won Australian Idol. How do you feel about it now?
    I feel fine. Hehehe in all honesty it was a great experience with all the ups and downs and round and rounds it has been a learning experience but one I wouldn’t change for the world.

    Are you still in touch with anyone from the show?
    No not really, everyone is off doing their own thing.

    Sony dropped you after one album despite the fact that it sold well. Do you think they gave you a fair go?
    Looking back, I think they did what they could… and then left it. I couldn't be more thankful for the opportunity.

    What is your favourite song from "For You"?
    I love "You Believed" and "For You".

    Are you recording a new album?
    Hopefully at the end of the year I will be back in the studio. I work with lots of people but I'm still making up my mind!

    Thanks for the chat. Good luck with everything!

    "Big, Beautiful & Sexy" is available to download from iTunes now. Casey will be performing at Notes in Newtown on the 29th of September. See you there!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/08/10-questions-with-casey-donovan.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive