The Return Of Matisse!

    I'm so excited I can hardly breathe. My girl Matisse hasn't been thrown on the pop scrapheap after all! Thank you, La Toya God! Perhaps, I should back track for a second. Some of you might remember my original post on America's new Queen of pop. Matisse first came to nobody's attention as one half of the twintastic girlband Brit & Alex. After scoring one (very) minor hit, Brit changed her name and went solo. Her tens of fans hoped for the best but I don't think anyone expected her to change the face of pop music forever. I'm not exaggerating. "Better Than Her" is the defining anthem of 2010. I fell in love with it the first time I heard it and still spin Matisse's amazing RedOne knock off on a daily basis. Sadly, the song never took off despite the diva's amazing tour of shopping centres. As far as I'm concerned this is the biggest travesty since Suzy Ray's stunning "Disco In My Car" failed to chart! Happily, Jive finally realised that they have the second coming of Madonna of their hands and shelled out for a new remix with Akon (below). It took a couple of listens to get used to but now I'm feeling it. Sure, it's a bit desperate and not a patch on the original but anything that brings Matisse to the masses is a good thing. Now, hurry up and film a video!


    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/08/return-of-matisse.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive