Get Outta My Way - Teaser Video

    Sorry for the lack of updates over the past few days but I've been MIA due to a tidal wave of personal dramas. I promise to pull my proverbial finger out this week with a review of Katy Perry's (amazing) album, a Ness Ness post and my long overdue recap of Luciana's recent Australian tour. However, I thought I'd kick things off with a Minogue double dose. Every gay with a blog has already posted the teaser clip of "Get Outta My Way" but here are my two cents. After the nude orgy extravaganza that was "All The Lovers", Kylie has clearly opted for what I like to call the 'pretty lights' option for single number two. Kelly Rowland's "Work" or the pre-historic Minogue's own "In Your Eyes" video are good examples of this genre. It's very effective when done well and Kylie seems to have got it just right. I love the simplicity of the lighting and the costumes look great. The whole lying on the floor dance routine is very reminiscent of "Slow" but if you're going to rip anyone off it might as well be yourself. At first I was concerned that her hair looked a bit 80s perm in a scrunchie (hence why she's hanging her head in shame) but I'm giving Kylie the benefit of the doubt! Fingers crossed this kick starts the campaign. "Get Outta My Way" is such a strong single. I'm actually surprised it's still languishing outside the top 100 on iTunes and not taking off on radio. Wake up Australia, this is Kylie's catchiest anthem since "What Do I Have To Do"!Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/08/get-outta-my-way-teaser-video.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive