Beyoncé's Forgotten Classic

    So it's Friday afternoon and I'm counting down the minutes until I can leave work and hit up the nearest bar. Not that I'm an alcoholic or anything. Unfortunately, there are 60 long minutes to go and I'm dealing the pain the best way I know how - by watching Beyoncé videos on YouTube. There's nothing like a dose of Queen B to invigorate your soul. After all, she is the third closest thing to Jesus after La Toya and Kylie! This afternoon I've been concentrating on the wildly neglected "B'Day" era. Sure, I hated that album when it was released but I finally saw the light and now acknowledge its indisputable status as one of the greatest albums of the noughties. My favourite track changes on a daily basis but it's hard to surpass the brilliance of Bey's 6 and a half minute opus "Get Me Bodied". I often think of this gem as the seed that grew into "Single Ladies". The minimal production and hand claps are reminiscent of Honey Bee's modern classic but the drag-tastic lyrics about patting your weave and walking like Naomi Campbell - not to mention the lengthy running time - resulted in one of the biggest flops of the diva's career. "Get Me Bodied" stalled at #68 in the US and wasn't even released outside of North America. It's a shame because this is a camp anthem for the ages. Just take the amazing video, which features B's holy sister Solange and those two flops from Destiny's Child. The clip re-creates Bob Fosse's choreography from "Sweet Charity" and the result is a joyous celebration of Beyoncé's unmatched talent. Sit back and soak up the glamour of "Get me Bodied"!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/08/beyonce-forgotten-classic.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive