Potbelleez, Dane Rumble & My Beef With Cassie Davis!

    Dane Rumble

    Dear readers, pop trash heaven exists. I know this for a fact because I saw a glimpse of it at last night's joint Dane Rumble/Potbelleez showcase. Both acts were amazing but the real highlight the star studded audience. A-List superstars like Chris Sorbello, @m8er and - cough - Cassie Davis blessed the event with their presence and provided me with hours of entertainment. It was like Pop Trash Addicts brought to life! But more about those movers and shakers later. The showcase kicked off with New Zealand's Dane Rumble. To be honest, I didn't know much about him before the gig. Apparently, he's a big deal at home and after last night I can see why. Sounding like a cross between Dan Black and Travie McCoy - Dane has some killer tunes up his sleeve. His new single "Always Be Here" (check out the video at the bottom of this post) is catchy as fuck, while "Don't Know What To Do" screams future hit. However, the best was yet to come. Dane finished the show with a soft, 80s-tastic electro jam called "Cruel" and it was love at first listen. The song was a #3 smash in New Zealand and I think it could do similar things over here.

    The Potbelleez

    After Dane's set, I hunted down Chris Sorbello (love spam, bitch!) and settled in for a dose of The Potbelleez. I also caught up with @m8er before the band started. She's doing a showcase of her own next week with Taio Cruz. Take that, h8rz! So, The Potbelleez. I haven't written much about them over the years but I'm a big fan and LOVE their new single "Hello". They opened the show with it and the song sounds even better live. Some old favourites were rolled out including "Don't Hold Back" and Australia's foxiest rap diva Blue rocked the venue by taking over vocal duties on a couple of tracks. I can't tell you what happened after that because I was too hypnotised by the epic tragedy that is Cassie Davis - who crept into the venue looking like she'd just escaped from Cell Block H and hid right up the back behind a group of friends. I guess she was worried about being stormed by her army of fans. Oh wait. I wanted to say hello but Cassie overheard my date saying he bought her album for $2 in a St. Vinnies bargain bin and spent the rest of the evening shooting us death stares. She should be grateful. I got it for free and still felt ripped off! The night ended on a high when Chris introduced me to the amazing Richard Vission. We talked about "I Like That", working with Luciana and Lolene's next single. As I said, pop trash heaven.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/08/potbelleez-dane-rumble-my-beef-with.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive