Edward Maya Hits Australia

    The Romanian theme continues today with news that the nation's biggest pop star - yes, even more successful than Inna! - is gearing up for his Australian debut. Edward Maya is a phenomenon in Europe. When I was there in July his tunes were unavoidable and I brought back a bunch of his singles from France. To put it in perspective, "Stereo Love" was a top 10 hit in 16 countries and has since racked up 70 million views on YouTube. It's somewhat surprising then that he's going with the follow up in Australia. Not that it matters. "This Is My Life" stays pretty true to the "Stereo Love" formula. Vika Jigulina (love that name!) returns for vocal duties and the Balearic beats are back bigger than ever. It's a pretty irresistible combination and I can't wait to hear it blasting from the radio over summer. Fingers crossed Maya mania reaches Australia! My only complaint is the hideous new cover (above). What's wrong with the original? I do, however, appreciate the new video (below). It's a lot classier and Ed looks kinda hot in that leather jacket. All we need now are some local remixes and a physical single. Let me dream!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/10/edward-maya-hits-australia.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive