I Hate That I Love This!

    I'm so annoyed. Pixie Lott was the bitch I loved to hate. "Mama Do" is so bad it belongs on "3 Words" and her whole Duffy for readers of FHM schtick makes me want to vomit. But then she released "Gravity" - sublime in its remixed form - and the genuinely lovely "Turn It Up". The jury, however, was still out until I heard "Broken Arrow". The lead single from Pixie's recently re-released debut album is a hot mess but I love it. Toby Gad knows his way around a soppy power ballad (Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" for example) and I connect with the overwrought lyrics despite some of the worst metaphors in recent memory. It also finally dawned on me that Pixie has a great voice when she's not trying to imitate whoever is currently ripping off Dusty Springfield. The glamorous diva suits a more contemporary sound and should do better internationally with something like this. I even rate the video (below) - despite the fact it blatantly copies Beyoncé's "Halo". There's soft lighting, a dance studio and natural make-up. The only thing missing is an underwater shot and a flowing white dress! Oh wait. I guess if you're going to be a thief, you might as well steal from the best...

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-hate-that-i-love-this.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive