Shayne Ward's Dubious Comeback

    This blog is a raised middle finger to musical snobbery. I couldn't give a fuck about credibility and wasn't particularly fussed when I heard Shayne Ward's new single was a cover of Nickelback's "Gotta Be Somebody". As far as I'm concerned, it's better to butcher a piece of shit than fuck up something truly magnificent. I'm looking at you, Joe McElderry. My only problem with Shayne's comeback is the fact he's wearing clothing. That and the blatant laziness. Unlike most of his contemporaries, 2005's X Factor winner has the money behind him to come up with something fresh and original. Instead he takes three years to cover a generic rock song from 2008 that nobody liked in the first place. Good job! For his sake, I hope the vomit inducing lyrics about being sad and lonely get middle aged housewives into a CD buying frenzy but I'm moving on. His previous two albums didn't really do it for me and this insipid effort is the final straw. I don't even like the cover. Shayne looks gaunt. Lay off the exercise and eat some Tim Tams before you end up resembling Aaron Carter! The only saving grace is the trashtastic remix package. I can't believe they roped in Almighty. I guess Bimbo Jones drew the line at this shit! In all fairness, Andy does a good job. It's not quite as fabulous as his take on Usher's "OMG" but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. The always reliable Moto Blanco also deliver a fun interpretation but for pure low brow trash value you can't really beat an Almighty mix of a Nickelback cover. Brace yourself and give it a listen (below).

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/10/shayne-ward-dubious-comeback.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive