Dolly does it better

    New music from Dolly Parton is always cause for celebration but "Together You and I" is easily the iconic diva's best single since "Travelin' Thru". This ruthlessly cheerful and upbeat anthem is a warm blanket of a (country) pop song. The 65-year-old stunner's homespun wisdom shines through in the sweet lyrics and the chorus is seriously catchy. I defy you to listen to this without a smile on your face. Dolly is such a legend. She just keeps on doing her thing and luckily for her - heartfelt, beautifully crafted music never goes out of style. I can't wait to get my hands on "Better Day". The inspiration for a thousand drag queens said she wanted to write an uplifting album to help people through hard times and if "Together You and I" is any indication, she has well and truly achieved that goal. Watch Dolly premiere her new smash on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (below) and pray she keeps her promise to tour Australia in November. I will be first in line!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/05/dolly-does-it-better.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive