Happy Birthday, Kylie!

    Kylie turns 43 today. Damn. In my mind she's still the 18 year old ingenue from Neighbours but I guess most of her fans weren't even born when Scott and Charlene packed up the car and drove off to the arsehole of Australia to live happily ever after. It scares me that I remember that episode and every step of the pop icon's subsequent career. I have literally been a life-long fan. And while the "Aphrodite" era leaves me cold, Kylie will always be my favourite. She's like family. We fall out, make up and carry on as if nothing ever happened. The Les Folies juggernaut rolls into Australia in a couple of weeks and I'll be there waiting with a smile on my face and an arm full of tacky tour merchandise. Bring it on! So how to celebrate Kylie's special day? I was going to post one of the new "Put Your Hands Up" remixes but I just can't muster any enthusiasm. They are fine but I'd rather watch this fabulous clip of the diva belting out "Look My Way" in 1988. That jam has always been one of my favourites - I still give it the occasional spin when intoxicated! - and I love that she randomly performed it on national TV instead of promoting an actual single. Dannii's older sister looks so cute and sounds fantastic. The video is pretty low quality but it's well worth putting up with the fuzzy visuals. Happy birthday, Kylie!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/05/happy-birthday-kylie.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive