STOP PRESS: Deni Hines Is Still Alive

    What the fuck? I can't believe The Deni has a new single out and nobody bothered to tell me. There should have been an announcement on the evening news or at least a one hour special with Kerri-Anne. I'm so pressed! So what has Australia's queen of R'n'B cooked up this time? A funky cover of a Donna Summer hit from 1982 called "Finger On The Trigger". Deni's soulful version harks back to the sweet soul of her 2006 #37 on the iTunes album chart (for one day) smash "Water For Chocolate". That gem easily ranks as one my favourite Australian albums of the noughties - so I'm happy. Sometimes I wish The Deni would just dust off her sea-shells and record "It's Alright 2011" to score another hit but she seems happy doing her thing. More power to her. You can download "Finger On The Trigger" from Australian iTunes now.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/05/stop-press-deni-hines-is-still-alive.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive