I'm coming out... as an Avril stan!

    I've always liked Avril. She might come across as a miserable bitch with a chip on her shoulder the size of Lady Gaga's penis but her music is hot. I never got around to reviewing "Goodbye Lullaby" on the blog but it would easily place in my top 10 albums of 2011. Thus far. Admittedly, it's not quite in the same league as her brilliant 2004 opus "Under My Skin" - which is one of my favourite albums of all time - but in comparison to the soulless shit being served up by Britney and Rihanna, it's a fucking masterpiece. At first I thought it was a little light on singles but with each new spin, I become more and more convinced that songs like "Push", "Wish You Were Here" and "I Love You" could be hits. A lot is riding on the second single. If "Smile" takes off, Avril has a (small) chance of snatching her pop/rock crown back from Pink. If not, it's only a matter of time before we see her co-anchoring The Voice next to Xtina. Actually that would be kind of amazing! But back to "Smile". The perky Max Martin/Shellback produced brat anthem is a total winner. Catchy, radio friendly and infused with enough attitude to keep the kids happy - this should do well with a decent video and a bit of promotion. Now Avril just needs to drag her bony arse back to Sydney for a tour. Nobody mopes around stage looking bored shitless better than her!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-coming-out-as-avril-stan.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive